Friday 5 February 2010

Good God will somebody give Steve Martin a hug?

If I'm honest I didn't hold out much hope for It's Complicated, I knew I could count on Meryl Streep to put in a good performance but as for Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin - the jury was still out from Cheaper by the Dozen (2003).

But how wrong I was. This was a great film which gave me a new faith in the older generation of Hollywood stars, every now and again you need this kind of film to remind you that it's not just Seth Rogen who can make you laugh out loud. Streep was, as usual, hilariously tragic as the divorcee torn between her ex and her new love whilst Martin brought me close to tears as he fell for her.

Reminding me a lot of Something's Gotta Give (2003), it shows that the older girls can still give the likes of Katherine Heigl a run for their money - who can forget the two-second flash of a naked Diane Keaton? They throw themselves into their roles and the young actresses of today could definitely learn a thing or two from them!

No comments: